W]M[D Code of Conduct
latest revision (08/12/2012)
Table of Contents
Section 1 General Information
Section 2 Anti-Discrimination Policy
Section 3 Standard Rules
Section 4 Forum Rules
Section 5 Team Fortress 2 Specific Rules
Section 6 Battlefield 3 Rules
Section 7 TeamSpeak Rules
Section 8 Issue Resolution
Section 9 Administrators
Section 10 Recruitment
Section 11 Inactivity/ Quitting
W]M[D is an inclusive gaming clan based on friendly competition and camaraderie. Loyalty to the Clan and your clan mates is paramount. While we will always strive to improve our skills, a high skill level will never be more important than a friendly attitude and the health of our community.
We are a diverse community and harassment or discrimination of any kind, whether based on age, color, creed, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, gender identity, nationality or national origin, physical appearance, race, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or on any other basis, is strictly forbidden. Members who make offensive or discriminatory remarks to another member will be disciplined or even expelled from the clan. Offenses will be judged on a case by case basis. Members are expected to uphold these principles when dealing with/playing with non-members as well.
1. The W]M[D website and forums are widely viewed by persons of all ages including players under 18. Good taste and discretion in subject matter is required. Remember, this is a family oriented gaming community.
2. You represent W]M[D, keep in mind that your actions reflect on all of us.
3. Respect all players.
4. Respect and follow instructions from Council Members, Admins, and Captains – leaders shall not abuse this role.
5. No cheating, glitching, exploiting or hacking is allowed, EVER.
6. Multi-clanning (including multi-tags) is not permitted. Members are expected to be dedicated solely to W]M[D. Only on rare occasions will exceptions be made.
7. W]M[D Clan Tags: Full members: W]M[D. Recruits: w]m[d. WMD members must wear their tags while playing in any WMD server.
W]M[D’s Website/ Forums are the home of the Clan and is to be conducted in a friendly atmosphere. Respect for clan mates is necessary.
1. No flaming or taunting of clan mates will be tolerated. We encourage a little friendly teasing, but you must be mindful of how the person being teased is taking it.
2. Please be nice, don't argue, and try to resolve problems in a friendly manner.
3. No cursing or offensive remarks are permitted. If another member uses inappropriate language we encourage members to ask them to refrain from doing so again. If it continues a leader should be notified.
4. No posting of illegal content or pornographic content. If you are unsure if the subject matter is inappropriate or not, then it probably is.
5. Don't abuse Private Messages.
6. Friendly competition and rivalry is encouraged, as are jokes. Make sure your comments are in good taste and please do not offend. If you find that you have offended unintentionally, own up to it and apologize.
7. Thread farming is prohibited. Old threads may be used for informational purposes only. If an old thread is found to be useful to the clan, then they may be used in an appropriate manner.
8. Do not use the forums for any type of “spamming” purposes – including, but not limited to, pyramid schemes, advertisements, etc.
9. These Basic Rules also apply to your posting in Forums other than W]M[D forums. Those found to be breaking the rules in W]M[D forums may be subject to one of the following, up to termination of the clan.
a. Verbal Warning
b. 1 week ban from forums
c. 2 week ban from forums
d. termination from the clan
1. All W]M[D members (including non-clan members on W]M[D Servers) are to conduct themselves within the parameters of good sportsmanship.
2. Under no circumstance are members to use cheats, exploits, or hacks. It tarnishes the reputation of the clan and will most likely get your membership terminated. We have no toleration for cheats nor for those who use them.
3. Scripting: Scripting is a complex issue, and does not easily fall into the ‘cheating’ or ‘not cheating’ categories. Therefore, the captains have adopted the following guidelines regarding scripts or macros, and members are expected to comply with these guidelines as best they can:
a) Members are prohibited from using any scripts banned by official TF2 leagues (e.g. the head-bob script).
b) Any scripts which create results that a user cannot normally produce consistently and accurately are also prohibited (e.g. button pressing faster than a person could normally execute, perfect soldier or demo jumps every time, etc.).
c) All other script usage (either personally created or downloaded) that do not cause an unfair advantage (such as simplifying key strokes, quick play sounds, fantastic ragequit, etc.) can be used at the user's discretion. However, all scripts are subject to review by the WMD community if any question of fairness is raised.
4. No swearing or taunting in game is allowed. We represent W]M[D, please represent the clan well.
5. Please respect other players, no matter what their skill, and when treated unfairly, try to restrain from treating your antagonist in the same way.
6. Members should never abuse admin powers. If abuse is discovered admin privileges will be revoked.
7. If you feel you have been wronged, let an Admin know, but be prepared to state your case well. We will not kick players for no reason. That will make us the same as the servers we hate to visit.
8. Team Stacking is highly discouraged. We encourage our members to use “choose a random team.” If one team is dominating the other we expect W]M[D members to switch teams to even things up. This will make for a more enjoyable playing experience for all. Members who habitually team stack will be subject to disciplinary measures.
9. Members can certainly play on any server they wish, but are expected to help “get started” our TF2 servers on a regular basis.
1. Under no circumstance are members to use cheats, exploits, or hacks. It tarnishes the reputation of the clan and will most likely get your membership terminated.
2. All W]M[D members (including non-clan members on W]M[D Servers) are to conduct themselves within the parameters of good sportsmanship.
3. Do not try to enforce a "certain weapon" server, i.e Knife or pistol only.
4. No swearing or taunting in game is allowed. We represent W]M[D, please represent the clan well.
5. No "stat padding" on ranked Battlefield 3 servers.
6. Do not visit questionable ranked servers.
7. Please respect other players, no matter what their skill, and when treated unfairly, try to restrain from treating your antagonist in the same way.
8. If you feel you have been wronged, let an Admin know, but be prepared to state your case well. We will not kick players for no reason. That will make us the same as the servers we hate to visit.
1. Communication is the key to victory.
2. Get a headset and mic. There are few things more annoying than the echo effect.
3. For the majority of circumstances, use Push-to-Talk.
4. Think 1st, speak 2nd. There is a time and place for everything, you must judge this on your own. Talk when necessary, or when contributing INTELLIGENTLY to the conversation. Will what you have to say help your team win? Can it wait?
5. Keep cursing to a minimum. It does slip out every once in a while, but remember W]M[D is a family oriented Clan. We have a few younger members and many more who simply do not want to hear any profanity.
6. Speak in short direct sentences. You don't have to elaborate. Tell us a story later. Try not to interrupt people.
7. Do not play music in the background.
8. Do not show up in any of our servers or in TeamSpeak intoxicated from alcohol or drugs. Nothing good has ever come from an inebriated clan member logging in.
9. Do not share the Teamspeak password with anyone without first getting approval from a Captain or Admin.
10. TeamSpeak is not the place to bring up real life personal issues, vent frustrations, or talk about your problems. Those discussions should be had in private (or perhaps in a private TS channel). TeamSpeak is meant to be a place where we can all relax, have fun with each other, and get away from real life for the evening.
11. Guests to our Teamspeak server are expected to follow these rules as well.
12. Don't be annoying. How can you tell if you are annoying? Follow these rules and you won't have to.
If you have an issue with a member of the clan that cannot be reasonably resolved or you have any other issue with the running or conduct of the clan that cannot be discussed in the normal forums, please PM a member of the Council or a Captain for assistance. Lesser disputes (or game-specific disputes) will be addressed by that game’s Captains. Larger disputes, or disputes which involve the health of the clan as a whole will be addressed by the governing council of the clan.
1. Administrators will make decisions in good faith and the best interests of the Clan. In general these decisions are final – however, if you wish to challenge any administrative decision, please do so by a polite thread (in Private Discussions only) or by PM to any of the Council Members or Captains .
2. Server/ TeamSpeak Admins, Captains, and Council Members will enforce this Code, but anyone can make a correction in the absence of these leaders. We all should hold each other up to WMD’s standards.
3. From time to time, to assist with the smooth running of the Clan, Moderators and Administrators will be appointed. These functions carry considerable responsibility and the powers and privileges conveyed with these appointments are to be used only in the best interests of the clan at all times.
4. Server Administrators/Council Members/Captains because of the leadership position that you maintain, you are always in the eyes of other members, LEAD BY EXAMPLE.
5. Members, if you witness a Leader abusing his powers let another Leader know immediately. Leadership positions (from the lowest captain to the highest Council member) are not permanent – they can be revoked if the position is abused.
1. We are looking for members who will be a good fit for our gaming family. To coin a phrase, we aren’t looking for the most skilled players, we are looking for the right ones. We don’t place a high value on how l33t you are, what we care about is the quality of your character and what you can add to our community. W]M[D has been around for so long not because of our great skill level (and we are skilled), but because our members are the highest quality of people in the game. The camaraderie and closeness we share with each other is what we feel makes our clan superior to all the rest. When you apply to the clan, expect your character and maturity to be under scrutiny much more than your in-game skills.
2. New recruits must follow the Code of Conduct at all times. They should also add clan leaders and other members to their friends list, stay active in game, on teamspeak, and on the website. TeamSpeak activity is of particular importance. A list of leaders can be found here.
3. Recruits’ activity on the website, in-game, and on TeamSpeak will be scrutinized. Inactivity will lead to the recruit receiving a note of concern about the inactivity. If there is no response and the inactivity continues the recruitment period will end and the candidate will be discharged.
4. We are an 18+ clan. That is not to say that we do not have a few members younger than 18, and it is not to say that you are prohibited from applying if you are younger than 18 – but what it does mean is that if you are younger than 18 you must display maturity and professionalism beyond what is normal for your age in order to be considered. Maturity and kindness are key.
5. The recruitment period usually lasts from a few weeks to a month, although candidates under the age of 18 will take longer. When clan leadership feels the time is right, the recruit will be put up to a clan vote. If the vote is conclusive the recruit will be given full membership. If it has been less than a month, do not ask when you will be put up for a vote. Important - Members will not be voting on your skill; they will be voting on your maturity, kindness, and camaraderie.
1. If you intend to be inactive, i.e. not play with W]M[D members or post on forums for any reason, for more than one month, please advise either by PM to an admin or by posting a short message in Private Discussions. You may be inactive for extended periods due to study, family, work or personal commitments, but please advise the Clan of this.
2. While we are a gaming clan, it is understood that some members may not be actively playing for a period of time (or might not be playing the specific games that the clan is playing). Posting on the forums is considered to be activity and will ensure that your membership of the clan is not questioned.
3. If you wish to leave the clan to join another clan (for whatever reason), please post a short message in Private Discussions outlining your intentions. Your membership of the clan (and its privileges) will be revoked, but you will leave the clan in good standing. If you leave the clan due to grievances you have with the clan in some way, you are encouraged to find resolution of your grievances before leaving (even if you follow-through with your decision to leave). Leaving a less-than-friendly or less-than-respectful message on public forums on your way out is bad form.
4. If you leave W]M[D, and wish to return, you may be considered for membership if you have left the clan only once and have left on good terms. Any flaming whilst leaving the clan will result in the disqualification for future Clan membership. Any return under this rule will be entirely at the discretion of the Clan membership and may be subject to trial periods and a voting procedure.
Finally, the focus of W]M[D is to have an enjoyable gaming experience. We believe that a minimal structure of rules and a spirit of camaraderie and sportsmanship are the key for any truly “enjoyable” gaming experience. The above rules have been written with this key in mind. Have fun and good luck.