SuthernKumfort

WMD v/s War Room Warriors

Current Rung: 57

Current Status: Defending vs War Room Warriors

Maps: TF2: Hydro

Match Date: Wednesday, November 28 8:00 PM EST

Challenge Date: 11/21/2007 12:12:00 AM

Accept Date: 11/21/2007 1:26:00 AM

All I can say, is our record makes us look like an easy target. That is probably the reason we were challenged.

TSM and Detox, we really need to go over this map. It would be a good idea to think about this and post some ideas.

Soko

I'm not really familiar with the TWL rules, but is it possible to decline a challenge? I think it's a bad idea to play matches on maps we have little or no experience with.

If we decline, we forfeit. If nothing else, we can use it for a practice scrim. Who knows, we might just do pretty good! :)

We might want to think of hydro as a capture the flag type map with 4-5 attacking and 2-3 defending. That is onle possible idea. Team work and speed is the keys to that map. We need to use our voice comms more when we play together. I agree with smoking man, we are barely ready for a match on Dustbowl let alone Hydro. I dissagree with rice on the NG. Sorry bro.There are some FORWARD Choke points where a sg and tele will win the game for you. But you have to work as a Team and protect the NG as he sets up his stuff. Otherwise he is just a slow scout. That way you can bring the fight to them

Ok I have been playing on empty servers running Hydro and in the weekend mornings I switch ours over to Hydro to try different things. Briman is right.

First I will explain what happens when the game starts from what I have seen and I only went over Sentry Placements on boths sides. I want be able to make the match on Wednesday, because I have a class and wont be home till about 10pm EST, if you can move it back to 10pm that would be cool. Other wise I can show you the sentry placements on Tuesdays practice.

First when the game starts, be it blue or red you have to defend and attack. Now this is the case for who ever wins the first two rounds. The third round, the team that won 2 rounds now has there control point locked and its an all out attack for them and all the other team can do is see if they can hold them off defending that point.

The confusing part is when the wins go back and forth between red and blue. I don't know the formula of when one of the control points becomes locked. It does happen when the team has won 2 in a row though. It kind of tells you when the victory score comes up, written in small white letters.

But for the most part, attacking either side, you can narrow it down only 2 entrances in. I tried to look for different ways in but you seem to hit 1 or 2 spots to get the the control points. And thats why I did a lot of sentry placements.

Playing on servers though, I found a good sniper defending the outside/open area points worked great maybe MilkeDuds or Delfin could help with that if they are signed up and want to play. I could show you where they stood, If you pop on to some Hydro servers you will see them. The closed/inside areas were more Eng/Sentry.

So people when you have time play on those Hydro server or switch our server to temporary 24/7 hydro to get practice on it. But again I went over alot of Sentry placements and can show you on Tuesday.

I don't suppose you can move the match time a couple of hours. That is 5pm or 6pm west coast time, people will just be getting off work. Will others be able to play at that time?

I do agree, even if we don't have the normal people playing it would be good practice to just to play. So others please sign up if you can just to have your name there.

I am assuing your sg spots are at forward choke points....This serves a couple good purposes.

1. Limits how they can get to our Cap Point (CP)

2. Provides a good (fairly safe)area to get Ubers going for a SHORT run onto a CP

3. Provides a forward Tele point

The key is for everyone to help guard a forward sg until we have Uber and make a mad dash...prolly 2 ubers. 1 to take out their sg...and another to take cap. So medic timing is important....I dont think it is ever wise to use BOTH ubers at the same time. The other team will wait for this and start their Uber 5 sec later and kill us all. (and thats what we should do if we see a team use both ubers at once) Just a thought...Havnt heard from TSM yet.

Remember tonight, if its on our server someone needs to be there to lock the server and run the TWL script, I don't think detox will be there in time to do it. I wont be there in time and I still need the instructions on how to do it anyway. If anyone else has access please be there.