SuthernKumfort

SERVER PAYMENTS DUE!

Ok, I put up a donation option on the homepage - I know it screwed up the spacing on the homepage, and that will get fixed. But in the meantime, you can use that to donate. Pharma, I think you used something called 'clan pay' before, but I dont know what happened to the link, maybe someone else can jump in on that one.

I hope everyone can contribute a little something! Thanks guys.

yeah thats what i did... not sure where the thread with that link is, but its how i have to donate if im going to... as my paypal account is still pretty much never going to work again...

yeah thats what i did... not sure where the thread with that link is, but its how i have to donate if im going to... as my paypal account is still pretty much never going to work again...

All you do is click this link...

http://clanpay.darkstarllc.com/donate.php?NDUwODI=

A couple things about donations:

1) As you can see, with our new donation module on the website, you can now pay by either paypal or credit card. Its really super easy, and secure.

2) A huge thank-you to both Raven and Rhad for their large generous donations this past month! They basically footed the bill by themselves.

3) It'd be great if we had a few more people donating, rather than just certain individuals who give large generous donations that keep the rest of us afloat. $5 is a perfect donation size for most of us, either every month or every other month. Really, that is a very small amount, but we'd easily make our quota if a good percentage of us gave an amount that small.

4) Finally, we opted to go with Clanpay because its updated in real time, flexible, secure, and easy to use. The one drawback, however, is that this does not cover our Teamspeak hosting costs, nor our Website hosting costs - these Soko continues to pay out of pocket with the help from donations to his paypal account. So although clanpay should be what most of use to put in our donations, I'd like a few of us to donate once in awhile to his paypal account instead (like we used to do) to make sure we get those costs covered as well. (If someone has a better solution, or a way to make sure that both types of costs are covered, we're all ears :))

5) We're always looking for ways to keep costs as low as possible for you all. We're pretty proud of our streamlined budget right now, but we are in the works to save even more money through a generous offer by FernFerret to host the website for us on his own bandwidth. There are certain considerations that have to be made before this is 100% a go - but we're actively looking into it. If it works, this will save us even more money, and it will prevent us from getting 'bandwidth outages' in the future. Also, if it works, Fern becomes clan hero, which means that we have to start to pretend to like him. I don't care what he smells like, ok?

Edited by Frost

unfortunately, to my knowledge, i can only donate with Clan pay... because my paypal accounts are, as previously mentioned... messed the hell up... but i can donate for the server when needed... i know we got some sizable donations already, so i can save up for a bit... i kinda went a bit spend crazy... then got a parking ticker at school... and have to go get my oil changed in my car... and had to buy new glasses ($400 alone)... so... i gotta be a little more careful i suppose... but... by the time you need money for the servers again, i should have regained a bit and be able to throw some the server's way... i guess i can save some money buy stopping the frequent visits with frosts mom but... $4 a month... not gonna help that much...

Thank you to Raven, Rhad, Pharma, Sirks, Phoenix, and Alennia for server contributions this month! I paid our bill this evening. Next due date for TF2 servers will be December 2.

Remember 2142 guys, now that we have a 2142 server please direct your donations to Radpack directly, instead of using the Clanpay module on the homepage. Thank you all.

Thank you to the four people who donated to clanpay in november for our servers! I'd mention you by name, but it only lists your real name on the clanpay page.

And thank you to those who donated to Soko for website costs, and Radpack for our 2142 server. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the generous donations, we were able to pay our January server bill with some money left over. A special thank you for Willysam for his first (and very generous) donation! Tell him thank you next time you see him. As always, please remember to help Rad out with the 2142 server, and Soko with the site and Teamspeak costs.

We'll be looking at options to upgrade to Teamspeak3 this January, so stay tuned for that possibility. Grumpy's in charge of that project, so if you have any questions or feedback, contact him. Happy Gaming!

As you see from Soko's news post, we're looking to get a new TS3 server up soon. But we need some funds first, as we have our current TS bill and our webhosting bill due real soon. To donate to these costs, do not use the clanpay module, but donate directly to Soko, who pays these particular bills directly from his paypal account: rdt-amt@cox.net. Thanks all.

We'll test it first, but there's no reason to think that TS3 won't work out. And we've found a hosting server that will actually be slightly cheaper for us than what we are paying now for TS2. We'll keep looking for ways to use your donations as responsibly as possible.

I just hit the enter key :widegrin:. Also want to give everyone who works behind the scene a BIG THANK YOU for everyything you do. We truly do have an amazing place to come and hang out!!!!!! :prasie:

I just hit the enter key :widegrin:. Also want to give everyone who works behind the scene a BIG THANK YOU for everyything you do. We truly do have an amazing place to come and hang out!!!!!! :prasie:

I take all the credit!!!!!! ha ha ha

bump.. just a few dollars short and we have to pay this tomorrow. thanks.

If everyone on the roster paid about $1.75 a month, we'd cover the costs of everything, easily. So even if you just give $1.75, know that you're doing your part to keep us running!

Thank you to all of those who donated in some way this February. We had quite a few very generous donors this month, at least 6 people who paid more than $15 towards clan expenses. We couldn't do it without you guys. It looks like, on average, the clan is being subsidized by about 25-30% of our members from month to month, thanks to their generosity. It'd be great if we could get a few more people to chip in around $1.75 to 2 bucks a month so that we can ease the burden on some of our larger donors. Thanks all!

ok, no money left in the kitty right now, so if any tf2 players want to contribute 10-15 bucks we can get the boneyard up and running again. Soko said he'd pay it when the funds are there.

I'd like to give a special thank-you to the three people who just donated 20+ dollars to the clan fund. Rhad was one of them, I'm not sure of the two others since their paypal account name is different from their clan name. Thank you guys, seriously.

By the way, for future donations, it would be great if you could put your clan and/or user name in the 'comments' section, so I can send out a thank-you (at least privately).

Frost