Sign in to follow this  
Stewie Griffin

Sticky Situation

As I look at the forums I can't help but wonder why we have so many stickies.

I'm making this post public because I need to know what the masses as well as the people who own these stickies think.

The issue is having to scroll down through the stickies to get to the fresh posts.

Is it time for a sticky cleanup?

Some suggestions:

• Merge similar stickies
  • Delete ones that haven't been used in ages (cobwebbed stickies)

Just to freshen the forums up a bit ... thoughts?

I think alot of new content will be coming to the forums with the release of Far Cry 2 ... as well as alot of new faces

I still remember the impact we had on BigDaddyPugs when he first came to the forums .. "WHO'S INCHARGE HERE?!!"

Makes me wonder if that's the impact we have on visitors with the information overload.

So when does this house-cleaning start and where's the Forums Police?

I could help with forums since I'm not really able to play anything. I want to help somehow.

Hmmm. Mr Hemlock. Let me ponder this for a day or two. You might be on to something here. I am always looking for someone to help with the forums. Do you have any experience, or are you just wanting to learn?

I still remember the impact we had on BigDaddyPugs when he first came to the forums .. "WHO'S INCHARGE HERE?!!"

Makes me wonder if that's the impact we have on visitors with the information overload.

So when does this house-cleaning start and where's the Forums Police?

Well, where should be start. Im pretty new to this forum stuff even though i've been doing it for several years now. What do you suggest. We can go thru and just delete old stickies if you like and start there.

I wont start til tommorrow though. Im getting ready to make a late night trip to Wal Mart. Wonder why? ;)

Well, I have had some experience with helping some friends run their forums, but I might have to relearn a few things. It has been a while, but I'm a quick learner, so no worries there. If there is anyway I can help, you know how to contact me.

If you havent heard from me in 48 hours, send me a pm to remind me, and we will discuss a few things. I suspect over the next few months, we are going to need some help on our boards. I appreciate you stepping up and offering, and im sure we can work something out. I just need to discuss it with a few other members first.

We should get BPN to clean it out. :D :D

Oh my, I'm a terrible person. :boom:

=))

Nuff said

I'd say something but im not in teh clan

as for the stickys the more teh merrier?! lol jk there does seem to be a lot....

Go ahead and delete my Gmod server thread, nobody uses it anymore so it's ok if you delete it =D

I didn't delete anything, just moved them or unstuck them, but I can't remember where I moved yours! lol. Was suppose to be to the tech section... lemme find it hon. Ok... it's in the tech section now :-)