Zipperbag

Direct X 11.2

Can one of the guru's explain what Win 8.1 w Direct X 11.2 means for some of the newer cards?  I just read that HD 7000 series doesn't support, along w NVIDIA?  fwiw Newegg lists an R9 280X >>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127759

MICROSOFT DIRECTX 11.2 SUPPORT AMD Radeon R9 280X video card supports the new DIRECTX 11.2 which brings a host of new features to improve performance in your games and graphics app. The DIRECTX 11.2 offers HLSL shader linking, Inbox HLSL compiler, GPU overlay support, DirectX tiled resources, and more. Bring new levels of visual realism to gaming on the PC and get top-notch performance.

If someone has an older system ie. Core I7 920, should that work?   I will be honest in saying that I didn't even know AMD boards still do not support PCIX 3.0 until awhile back..  So basically any relevant info is much appreciated.  ie.  Does having a PCIX 3.0 board matter in so much as utilizing DX 11.2?  Ive read reviews that have shown various gains and loss's between 2.0 and 3.0.  Should the new Direct X change those results?

p.s. The biggest thing for me is I seem to recall in years past that a new Direct X required the latest system ie. mobo/board  obviously I may be wrong (I was running my first system at the time, and didn't know much of anything)