Sign in to follow this  
Gerritf_384

Projects

Unlike most people in this clan, who have skills with art, drawing, Coding(which I have no skill in).  my small skill is working with wood (resist the urge to giggle or think dirty please).  So I cut gaming out of my life in march and worked on a project.  Its amazing what got done.  over 100 hours of  work 90% of this was done with hand tools.  If you guys have any suggestions then please feel free to tell me.  Also if any of you guys can figure out a way that I can mould the little strips of black and white to a shape without getting a hundred slivers it would be helpful.

https://imgur.com/a/ta4tX#0

Well oxide. This is my first one I am making. My grandpa is guiding me/allowing me to learn the hard way with out breaking it. So I am not sure about the quality of sound I will get it to make. If I was to ever make them to a standard I deemed "sellable" I would have to take into account that one takes about a year to make. But if I get a couple that sound good I would probably just have you pay for the shipping and materials because I know ya as well as by that time I will have more violins in my house that I will know to do with so you would be doing me a favour. But that won't happen for a few years. My grandpa wins awards for his violins in Arizona and can only make 2 in a year after making at least 20 to 30 violins or violas. ... and one cello for that matter. But anyways I wouldnt feel comfortable enough with the quality of the violin I make for quite a few years. So I really wouldnt bank on it.

Listen to the wise words of DeadMeat.  Its a grand treasure to learn an art like what your learning.  Please keep me in mind in years time.  I would like to have a Violin and a Viola.  Something that is purely hand made would be a great treasure to my girls.  My oldest is just going to start High School, so we have years.  LOL..