Sign in to follow this  
somefrigindude

Century Link and latency bs

I'm a network and systems security guy by trade so I run my own network monitoring tools.  My internet connection is a 1.5Mb DSL through Century Link.  I have a private ISP that I've used for about 20 years.  My (non-loaded) latency for the last few years has been pretty consistent at 30ms.  On July 24 between 955am and 10am it went up to about 55ms and stayed there.  As gamers, you know this sucks.  I'm fighting with their outsourced customer support (somewhere in the Phillipines I believe). 

And of course the forums error out and won't take my 50kb screenshot.  Whats up with that?

I feel your pain. Spent over 7 years in the Marshall Islands... Best possible pong was 700ms. Then 2 years on Kuwait/Afghanistan working on networks with pings often up to 3+ seconds. :o

I used them when I lived in MO. Nothing but problems. That is when my connection would just drop about every 45min. They defiantly do not hold up there side of the contract. There customer support kept on telling me that it was issues with my equipment.