Puppynuts

Overwatch

Im tellin ya guys now..

If ya like this? You should do yourself a favor and play some Plants vs. Zombies..

Dont get me wrong, Im havin fun playin the beta..

But yeah, its kinda like comparing a full version of a game with multiple options Vs. A smaller map with less players, and more available characters..

I'm really enjoying the game, and I'll be honest, it's really cool how many WMD people have been playing just the beta.  Seems like a game that can bring a lot of us together at once, which is fun.  When it gets really competitive later on that could be different, but for now  I get to play with a lot of diverse WMD people each day, different each time.

In case you are like me, and you want to know if you are really helping the team or not in overwatch, it's good to understand the medals.  It was hard to find a clear website online, but most of what I found said that you get a medal for being the best in a given category according to your teammates , so like most healing done in a match.  And not, what was told to me, that its based on your career record.

Anyone have any verification on this?  I can't seem to find anywhere where it spells it out clearly

The medals after round are based on what you did compared to your team during that game. I've gotten gold for only having 1 objective kill. Thanks team

The best way to tell if you are helping the team or not is if you find your team winning a lot. This game needs all 6 doing what they need to do, to win. Your not going to see two strong people carry 4 others. It might eventually get that way once most of the serious gamers are only in comp matches. But it is still less likely to be a carry of a pocket combo or something. There's going to be heros and counters to contain one strong player.

And it's a number game. Most often the offensive team is waiting to get a pick or two at a choke point before they all push in. That gives them the upper hand in the amount of damage that they can do compared to the other team and less targets means better focus firing to ensure quicker kills.