Zipperbag

lookin to build (Part 1)

I started out gaming as a real sound-card kinda guy.  But..

Anyway my current sound is broken!  (sound is still okay, microphone isnt really outputting) 

Im interested in suggestions for both soundcard and headset  (my razer has been one channel for awhile / wear n tear on the cord)

I just ordered some stuff, but this last question is still kinda pertinent..

Also should/would I use this suggested "card" in a new build?

Them cans look sweet, but I think they might have been just a bit much.. 

Im not sure I could stand to think coming home to see my cat enjoying his new over-sized chew toy.

I went w/ the astrogaming A40's, which I think may be similiar in some respect  ie.  I think they only make gaming headsets.

Much appreciated though, because if these are a fail, I didnt really have much of a backup plan to go with..

I tried the a50's which is the wireless version of the a40's. I think you will like them. Very good sound quality and high quality construction. Only thing I didnt like was the closed design meant I couldn't hear myself talking in the mic. Did you get the Mixamp version? The mixamp will add processing to make it 7.1 surround. If you didn't get the mixamp, you can purchase it separately later.

Hey guys 

My Rig worked somewhat okay for awhile, but Im seeing the same issues..

When I installed the SoundBlasterZ, I disabled the Azalia onboard Audio..  <<  thought that was the correct procedure

Anyway, Ive been having a rough go trying to get her to run right w/ cleanboots/uninstalls/etc

MS wont allow me to "refresh", most likely because the registry is gunked up..

I got my eye on an 1150, but wanna continue to try attempting a "fix" here in the mean time..

Im gonna try enabling the onboard audio, and working w/ changes n cleanboots to see if it will work!

Im just hoping to hear from one of you Guru's if Its best to try enabling Or Keep it disabled 

Thanx Zip

I shoulda probably updated this..

My asus mobo stopped working..

I installed an MSI mobo, and Windows fired up (but having issues)  some drivers not installing n such

Hopefully I can post back soon if anybody has any inpit  ie.  I need to reinstall the OS

Im on Win 10 already  hence I aint really wanting to install 8.1 and try to get 10 back  lol

Man, I hate hate hated dealing with SoundBlaster drivers back in the day. Royal pain in the neck. Sorry you're dealing with that now. Sorry about your mobo dying - maybe a fresh install will fix some of those driver conflicts you were having.

I actually reinstalled   Not the foggiest idea if I installed everything in the correct order  LOL  (faster I can hit a stop, sooner I can restart too finish)

But everything appears to install n work..

One note on the actual install  1)I installed Win 8.1 Full  (made sure to turn off auto-update too)  But anyway I had this message in the corner of my screen  (something like Bootlock not secure)  I was ready to go into bios and unslect installing Win 8/10   So anyway 2) I finally decided to just install Win10 and its fixed  (was reading a bios update would fix)  But I didnt wanna install too much, knowing the incompatibility goin from 8 to 10

Frost  the issues wasn't so much sound..  It was just a bunch of interesting things   Worst being USB drive being connected wasn't even recognized  (LOL I didn't know that until I was trying to load up w/ drivers)  I had a driver say no such video card on system   reboot  card installed w driver(voodoo magic)     hit shutdown, and she just restart  (no option for sleep mode)   It was like teasing me at times 

• The biggest note to anybody whose somewhat following   Don't forget the prereq's   Some drivers/programs wont install w/o such n such

p.s. SoundBlaster 32 was on my 1st machine (gotta have some loyalty)