Oxide

Star Wars Battlefront

It would've been nice to see some actual gameplay.  Still not convinced that EA/DICE won't screw this too!!!

Supposedly this is actual in-game footage, but DICE are masters at promotion. Recall all the previous BF trailers, which were actually in-game footage, but rarely seen as such..at least for me. 

In addition, the DICE track record is not so convincing. Game's released in Nov 2015...may be playable in Nov 2016.

I have to admit (yes, i'm not dead yet) that this game does look pretty nice.  If those are the actual graphics on a PS then our PC's should push better graphics then that.

Since it's using the Frostbite engine hopefully it will keep a destructible environment. Guess we'll see how it plays out as we get closer to the Nov release date.  Hopefully it won't be a GTV5 release model where the PC is basically forgotten for a full year.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront

Been ok.  Have had some family medical issues myself, but play when I can.  I went back to Arkansas a couple of years ago for a family reunion, after living in Arizona for so long and going back that humidity about killed me. Came back to Arizona after that to a 111 degree temp and it still felt cooler in Arizona.

I was looking forward to this game, but now I am having second thoughts???

After announcing details about Star Wars Battlefront's planned beta today, DICE revealed matchmaking in the game will be automatic and will not allow players to browse servers.

The confirmation comes from Reddit where DICE wrote the following:

Star Wars Battlefront will not offer a server browser, but will utilize a new skill based matchmaking system.

The confirmation comes from Reddit where DICE wrote the following:

Star Wars Battlefront will not offer a server browser, but will utilize a new skill based matchmaking system.

The majority of online multiplayer-focused games use matchmaking these days, but Battlefield has still typically offered players the option to browse server lists, so this comes as a surprise.

I really wish ya had time to post this info at most all of the server hosting companies. 

Its possible that there's at least one unaware, and results could include being tormented in a nightmare about customer service/feedback..  (just a hunch)

However, Im sure there is some positive points, aside from the obvious need for a FIX/Update/undocumented Feature which allows choosing, and adding a Server to favorites..

Thanx for the skinny Flip!  Keep us updated (please)

So how would one join with their group of friends then? Is there some sort of friends lobby system? Or is everyone forced to play separate from their friends after getting funneled into their own respective ranked server based on skill? Because then Draino would never get to play with me.

Check this out..  

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Deluxe-Edition-with-Han-Solo-Fridge-PS4/46708255
Im kinda considering one of these..  (not sure how consoles handle joining games)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS4-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Limited-Edition-500-GB-Console-Bundle/38662021

If anybody gets work on a SW PS4 w/ Fridge bundle  :wub:  msg me plz!