Sign in to follow this  
Flipshot

The Division

https://www.google.co.ug/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_The_Division (Ubisoft asked PC gamers to show interest in the game by signing petitions)

http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-the-division/ (RPG w/ Guns?)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/17/10782420/the-divisions-map-wont-include-brooklyn-at-launch (DLC's for Division  kinda ironic eh)

I cant find the discounted pre-order..  Im seeing a few incentives though.

Ok guys just posted the same in the shout box section >>>>>>Here goes a friend is running PS4 ,he has the beta and its amazing its on steam now @ 79.99 can .... >>>>yuk but Flip I may just buy it if its as good on PC  >>>The division is coming out in Mid March

Yeah, this looks great.  Who else is picking it up?

great question Some    Its exactly what I was gonna ask..

I wanna answer If you get it  I will get it    But I dont play enough (nights anyway)

What say we wait until Can gets it?   Can makes it sound like a good game..

I might have already got it, but I just seen it advertised on Origin (thought it was gonna be Steam)  kinda clueless here

Some, Chickenhawk has been playing it from the release date, he said's it's a good game, runs well no major issues.  I will mostly likely pick it up next week or so, would be great if some of the WMD boys pick it up!

Warning!   Unproven hear-say below..

I think I might just get the game..  However, it does appear the game is more single player/co-op focused Or could be..

Obviously, Chickenhawk would be the one to listen too..

From what Im being told though (2nd hand)  It almost sounds like your in a co-op with up too three friends, and you can come upon an area which allows you to interact w/ additional players (multiplayer if you will) and score additional loot..  One kicker is while picking up the loot?  I guess ya cant move.  (It sounds like a quick round of RUSH..) 

AFAIK The above info could be untrue or be an actual "CO-OP" mode description..

fwiw I can get the vanilla, but now Im considering the gold package via Steam   Only know of two purchase lvls?  Std n Gold  

p.s.  The games showing "mixed reviews" on Steam..

/Edit   Its worth noting that while we may not be in the same "group" (Squad?), we may still be on the same Team.. 

downloading..

Flip  Can ya let Some know which version is recommended?  It might encourage Some to check it out and/or others..

I went with the vanilla version myself..  I figure it will take at least two mornings of Can saying "Oh hey Zip,, Let me finish this round on the new DLC map..  It took me a few mins to join (So many players)"

After playing the game almost non-stop since it released here are my views on it.

This game is beautiful. Graphically, sound quality, controls. It all has been done extremely well. I have been having so much fun putting evil doers in their place and absorbing this version of NYC after being stricken with an altered strain of small pox. And I could probably write down more than anyone would care to read about the good things in the game. So I will just address some of the concerns and negatives.

- Lack of story and content. For an RPG you're really not immersed in some rich story arc. Instead you're just handed bits and pieces of a story and a multitude of side bits as you come across them in no real structured order. Max level is only 30 so you can obtain end game content really fast if you ignore all that is around you to explore.

-Grindy repetitive game play. Honestly this shouldn't be a surprise. There is only so much that can be programmed in and in any RPG you are going to be basically doing the same stuff the entire way to max level. In this you have 3 types of encounters offering a couple different variations and a couple other side type missions. And for the most part they involve cover fire game play against one of 4 anarchist factions because well this is a FPS cover fire game.

-Dark Zone grieving. This ties in with what you were refering to Zip about not being able to move while looting. The Dark Zone is the epicenter of the virus outbreak and is a no zone. All law and government attempts to restore order here has been abandoned. So it's the baddest of the bads that can be found in here. Now I have had a really fun time running around getting into 5 way gang war fights (yes, the npc factions will clash with each other in here as well), but there are some concerns to consider when you go in here.

1. To obtain any loot that you find in here you must go to an extraction site and signal a chopper with a flare. During your wait you must protect the area from hostiles. These can be NPCs or even players. Once the chopper arrives it lowers a rope and you have to attach your loot to be picked up. This is where you are exposed and can't move for a couple seconds.

2. Upon death you will lose some Dark Zone exp, money, and drop any loot you were carrying. These can all be picked up by other players.

3. This is an rpg and loot based game so you can be grossly out geared by someone else and skill has no factor in your imminent death at the hands of some bored maxed out death dealing group pillaging their way from extraction point to extraction point in the lower dark zones. I have only seen this happen once so far. For the most part everyone has been very helpful and co-operative with each other. But it is only a matter of time before more people become maxed out and have nothing else to do. So if you see a bunch of skulls appearing on your mini map it might mean the party is over.

4. Longevity of the game. I really don't know what the replay value will be once you're maxed out.

So those are the things to consider from my point of view with how my experience has been with the game. I recommend it to anyone who can afford it and wants to play a very beautiful game that has solid fps cover fire game play. There is a year planned of DLC to come so who knows what additional content may be for the game down the road and if the PvE side of things will be enticing to pick up on a sale or not.

I never played FC so I can't make a comparison to that. As of 7DTD, they are completely different games. The 3 games I could compare it to as being a mash up of all 3 would be Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, and Mass Effect.

Similarities to Left 4 Dead are that you can play with 3 other friends and the main PvE missions you can replay at max level to earn rewards. So it can sort of have that same game play feel to it.

Borderlands shares a similar loot feel, as you will get drops and items have a rarity that gives them better stats.

And then Mass Effect shares the tactical cover fire and class skill usage, though Mass Effect is far more faster pace in the skill using and is far more story driven than The Division.

I can see this as being a fairly fun get together game for 4 friends going through the missions on harder difficulties. Yet you can only do the toughest once a day on 4 of the missions as they rotate daily for which ones. The other difficulties are more suited for solo play and you don't get the end game rewards as fast. Which brings us back to my biggest concern for the game which is longevity and kind of lack of content at end game for replay value once your maxed out.

good deal..  The game uses familiar actions to achieve results..  It is also seen in AC (same company)   Anyway I thought it was kinda cute how you can p/u food and use it for "bursts of energy" or give it too starving survivors.. 

I havnt salvaged and crafted any guns just yet, but it sounds like if ya want an 870 slug w/ a 20X scope ?  Its in the game..    (I was kinda hopin that ya might have seen this already)   I dunno if this is quite literal possible, or if I can just swap/upgrade small pieces

The pieces don't match for an 870 and a scope. When you get to adding mods for your weapons it will tell you what weapons you have in your inv that the mod will fit on. And special ammo are only used as a short buff I believe. 

Courteous of Frost here is an example of possible DZ shananigans. http://i.imgur.com/l7B6I4B.gifv