Sign in to follow this  
Flipshot

BF1 Alpha

Well, i'm in the 30's level now and i'm starting to struggle with enjoying the game.  

The rush mode was fun the first few days but has turned into a sniper fest lately.  10 snipers on each side and you can't even run from point to point.  Even the tanks are doing their version of sniping.

Conquest is better but the tanks are so OP that it's hard to do much against them.  You can shoot tanks from the air, but the damage that registers is minimal and by the time you turn around they have already repaired. Getting a squad on the ground that stick together is almost non-existant and i've only come across a few pubbers that have a mic from all the combined game time.

So, i'll wait to see what the final game ends up being and hope things change.

18 hours ago, WhiteNexus said:

Well, i'm in the 30's level now and i'm starting to struggle with enjoying the game.  

The rush mode was fun the first few days but has turned into a sniper fest lately.  10 snipers on each side and you can't even run from point to point.  Even the tanks are doing their version of sniping.

Conquest is better but the tanks are so OP that it's hard to do much against them.  

Full disclosure - I haven't actually played the beta yet, I've only watched a lot of gameplay videos. Honestly, I'm not excited about the game. I love the WW1 era. But I'm much more interested in smaller maps (think Bad Company 2), which are infantry-focused, squad focused, where vehicles are scarce and not required, and where it doesn't take 10 minutes to walk from point to point. I know many of you love huge conquest vehicle heavy maps, but its just not my thing. I played BF4 for awhile, but would have been happy playing 24/7 locker probably (I really didn't like the DLC huge maps where vehicles were a necessity).

I'm not saying this to sway anyone's opinion. But a number of you have been asking me to play or asking why I haven't played yet, so I thought I'd just give an update here.

On 05/09/2016 at 5:47 PM, Frost said:

Full disclosure - I haven't actually played the beta yet, I've only watched a lot of gameplay videos. Honestly, I'm not excited about the game. I love the WW1 era. But I'm much more interested in smaller maps (think Bad Company 2), which are infantry-focused, squad focused, where vehicles are scarce and not required, and where it doesn't take 10 minutes to walk from point to point. I know many of you love huge conquest vehicle heavy maps, but its just not my thing. I played BF4 for awhile, but would have been happy playing 24/7 locker probably (I really didn't like the DLC huge maps where vehicles were a necessity).

I'm not saying this to sway anyone's opinion. But a number of you have been asking me to play or asking why I haven't played yet, so I thought I'd just give an update here.

Just one more reason we can all enjoy this game everyone!

All free stuff ends too early..

I've been playing the Beta and I kinda like game. I don't care for Rush because it's a sniperfest as described by Nexus but I enjoy conquest. One thing I can't get onboard with is the fact that I actually have to hit the number pad to bring up specialty weapons such as rocket launcher and tank nades'. I like to be able to scroll the mouse wheel like every other game. Another thing I didn't care for is to use the rocket launcher you have to be in prone position.  Is it just because it's Beta?

One more thing I didn't like is that Somefrigindude won't get on mumble and squad up with me.

My $.02

Jury's still out for me, I really enjoyed the conquest on the beta but I wasn't sold on it just yet. I was left feeling a little burnt out of it, but I think that's to blame on the single map so once I see how the other maps play I'll lean more towards a purchase. I'm generally against pre-ordering these days all the same so I'll see the initial feedback on launch and make my decision then.