Sign in to follow this  
NAVSPECWARCOM

BF1...Not for me.

Well, I thought it wouldn't happen, but I don't think I will join the ranks of BF1 anytime soon. After filling the ranks of BF 1942 all the way through BF4, my enlistment will probably end...or be put on hold. With a price of $59-$79 (depending on which edition you get) I can't see the game being worth it.

Although WWI is an interesting setting, after watching countless YouTube videos and playing the BETA, I can't see the game holding that much interest for me. In my opinion, in it's current configuration and setting, I don't see much longevity for the game. If they keep it an "authentic" WWI environment, there's not much "there" there. I can only handle so much iron sights unless I opt to play Recon class for the entirety of the game. Honestly, Weapon development during WWI does not leave much for expansion and interest...again if the game is to cover the WWI era specifically. And unless DICE decides to have an "Alternate Universe" of WWI, I doubt it will change.

I can only say, when the news came of the anticipated "BF5" becoming BF1, I had mixed reaction. Sorta like when your Grandmother sent you a big old package weeks before Christmas. Your mind is filled with excitement and wonderment...each day your anticipation grows. What could it be? A new Bike? Tonka Trucks? Remote control Car set? Then when you finally get to open it on Christmas morning, it's a box full of socks and underwear.

Truthfully, in my opinion, Battlefield would have been best served if DICE took a long look at their most successful games and revisit that theme; BF2, 2142, and Bad Company,. I'm not asking for a remake of those titles, but they were the most original and best balanced games. Plus they had "legs" for future expansion. I know EA/DICE want to "freshen up" the franchise and reboot from the failed Hardline release (at least for the PC gamer); I just don't think BF1 is going to be that title.

In the end, I hope I am wrong and maybe eventually I will get the game way down the road, but right now, probably not.

On 11/15/2016 at 6:48 PM, Snpbond said:

Whats the verdict on this? Did anyone pick up BF1 in the end or sticking to Battlefield 4?

My girlfriend gave it to me as a gift (obviously she didn't get the memo)...so, I've played it.

I stand by my original assessment, not impressed and very shallow on content. 

On 11/22/2016 at 0:19 PM, Flipshot said:

I heard that Walmart will have BF1 on Sale for $27.00 on Black Friday, might pick it up for that cost.

Hey Flip   Did ya get a name?   Im pretty sure that the PC version is almost not existent in CD form. Now fwiw, I do believe Overwatch "Origins edition" will be $35 $59.96

Personally, I believe your going on a roadtrip to pickup some "Hatchimals"  (There a good price though)  $48.88