Sign in to follow this  
mithbuster

BF2142 Revival

https://bl2142.co/

I downloaded and installed this earlier today and had an absolute blast reliving the 2142 glory days. It seems that some folks actually went to all the effort to build a launcher and working master server system for BF2 and 2142 to replace the Gamespy system that went down several years ago. All you have to do is register an account on the site, download the launcher/installer, download the game, and hop on in just like normal. It includes all the maps/modes/etc of the original game and from the way it plays you would have no idea you weren't playing on the vanilla servers. I was able to play on a full 64 player conquest server for several hours today with no issues.

They give you a new CD key that is used with their authentication servers automatically, so you don't need to worry about digging out your old copy to find a CD key or anything like that. You don't need to have ever owned the game to play this; it seems that EA doesn't really mind them doing this because the game is basically dead otherwise.

I would love to see some other people from the clan hop on this and come play some classic battlefield! I'm pretty busy with school these days but I can definitely find some time to play my favorite battlefield game with my favorite gaming buds. If anyone has an issues or questions I would be more than happy to help!

I played a few rounds last night. At first nothing rendered and I could see just shades. I logged out and back in and everything was fine. I played a round of conquest and 2 rounds of Titian mode (which was always my favorite) and had a blast. I was surprised to see how many people are playing this game on a Monday night. There were 3 U.S. servers that had a full house (64 players). I'm hooked all over again. Thanks Mith, good find.