Sign in to follow this  
Oxide

Battlefield 5

Played one round so far. All I can say (past the really really good music, graphics, and character dress up simulator) best hit detection I have experienced in a FPS in a long long time. This gun play is really well done and I can easily look past some of the lesser appealing features as I get use to them.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how many gigs it is to download it the first time?

2. Do you think I can play with high ping? I'm playing from overseas. Games like overwatch don't give me any issue, I can play even with 300 ping, and no one notices, and it doesn't affect my gameplay either.  But some games, perhaps battlefield, has servers that kick people for ping higher than 200.  From what you can see so far, do you have players with high ping? Do you see servers that kick people for high ping?

1. The final installation size for me is about 50gb, so I would think the download would be at least 40gb.

2. I haven't seen ping kicks directly from servers, although I have seen some EA connectivity problems when on a poor connection. I wouldn't expect that game to run that well at 300 ping but it's hard to say. All the servers for the game at this point are 'official' servers and I don't know if they have a built in ping kick.