Sign in to follow this  
Frost

Donations needed for forums update

Hi all,

I know our forums haven't been super active of late, and so we've tried to keep the costs way down and go longer between updates. However, some of you may have noticed the dozens of spammers that have been joining the site almost every day. This is because our 1) Invision Forum software is now out of date, our License Renewal has expired (this includes spam defense), and 3) Google has retired Recaptcha1, and we can't subscribe to the new invisible Recaptcha until we upgrade the Invision software. Needless to say, this is a perfect storm! Soul and I have been trying to keep up, and I delete many spammers every day, but this isn't sustainable.

I've asked Fernferret, Snpbond, and Raven to look into what we need to get everything going smoothly again for a year or two. So far, we need probably $60-75 in the WMD paypal account to cover the upgrades and licenses. So for those of us who still use these forums, if anyone wants to contribute a little so we can make this happen, please do so. Feel free to send me a PM here and let me know if you do. As always, you can send it via paypal to wmdgaming.com@gmail.com. Thanks peeps!

Well, I spoke too soon!

I checked our paypal account, and in the past month or so we've had a generous donation from InfamousBob and Sumfriggin dude! Thanks guys! Your contributions should be way more than enough to keep us going for at least another year (maybe 2 if we can stretch it)!

Next time you see these gentlemen around, give em a big thanks. Big hearts!