Sign in to follow this  
}K{

Discord Chat

With the sense of a new Battlefield game looming on the horizon and the feeling and hope that quite a few of us could be brought back to gaming together I highly encourage anyone that does not have the Discord chat to download it and join us there. https://discord.com/

Mumble has become today what Ventrilo was when we made the move to Mumble. Discord offers so much more and is constantly adding new features and ways to communicate and stay in touch with members of your community. In hindsight we should have made the move to it long ago when it was first coming out but a couple small connection hiccups made us stay with mumble at the time. Today however, there is no comparison for what it offers.

The channel we had originally created to test it out has been kept alive and I invite all to join it so we can have a really great tool to use for 2042 and staying in touch with each other across other games and communities for the future.

https://discord.gg/Wf2Gre6d This invite link is good for 7 days at the time of this post. If it does not work when you try it send me a message and I will get in touch with you with a new invite.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaay, I hate discord. I'm too old. I'm willing to give it another shot, but it felt invasive. I could never tell when I was connected or not, when my mic was transmitting or not, etc.

They need to make an old man version that is simpler to understand and less social media ish.

Look just do it ok. I made you co-server controller because for some reason people like you and maybe between both of us old guys we can figure out some of the social media features together.

Plus you know if we did get a large enough crowd and possibly were able to recruit people again and they asked if we had Discord and we said .. "No, we have Mumble."  They would look at us like we had a third head and ask "What the hell is Mumble?"

Since no one has heard of mumble anymore, we could just tell people that it's the newest up-and-coming thing!

If I get this BF I promise to try discard discord again.